Smile Makeover in Healdsburg
When you meet someone for the first time, what is the first thing they would notice about you? Your clothes? Shoes? No! The first people notice about you is your smile. A beautiful smile is an invaluable asset – it makes you look happy, youthful and confident. An unattractive or a flawed smile, on the other hand, results in a huge social handicap.
If you have cosmetic teeth defects that are affecting your smile and facial esthetics, then a smile makeover is your best solution. At the Healdsburg Dental Spa, we believe that everyone deserves to have a beautiful smile and charming looks – not just celebrities! We offer premium cosmetic dentistry services to our clients and let them co-author a smile that radiates perfection and beauty.
What is a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover refers to a combination of esthetic dental procedures that Dr Tam will perform to fix cosmetic tooth defects and to restore your smile and facial appearance. Some of the cosmetic dental problems that can be fixed with a smile makeover at the Healdsburg Dental Spa include, but are not limited to:
- Crooked or Chipped teeth
- Stained teeth
- Teeth having excessive gaps
- Missing teeth
- Too long or short teeth
- Gummy smile
How is a Smile Makeover Done?
At the Healdsburg Dental Spa, Dr Tam performs a smile makeover it different steps, which are: Consultation and Clinical Examination
During your consultation appointment, Dr Tam will perform a detailed clinical examination of your teeth and other oral structures. She will also look at the x-ray images and study models of your teeth – to ascertain your eligibility to get a smile makeover, and to discuss with you the aspects of your smile that you would like to improve. Dr Tam will then discuss with you, various options that can be utilized to restore your smile and will help you in selecting an option that is best suited to your dental health needs.
The next step is designing your smile. Now that Dr Tam knows exactly how you want your smile to look like, she will use special software to design a customized smile makeover plan for you. The best thing about a smile makeover at the Healdsburg Dental Spa is that you are the author of your own smile! Dr Tam will constantly rely on your feedback to design a smile template that you have always wanted. You can actually see in the software how your smile will look once the smile makeover has been completed.
Once you have approved your smile template, Dr Tam will then plan the restorative procedures or prostheses that would be required to fix your teeth. Some of the procedures and prostheses include that Dr Tam uses for a smile makeover include :
- Professional Teeth Whitening – teeth whitening is a procedure in which Dr Tam will apply a safe yet strong bleaching agent on your teeth to remove coffee, tea or tobacco stains that are ruining your smile.
- Veneers – Veneers are thin shells made of porcelain or composite resins and are attached to the front surfaces of the teeth. They are used for masking permanent teeth stains, and for fixing structural and esthetic tooth defects. So, there will be no surprises. Dental veneers are also used for cosmetically restoring excessive gaps between adjacent teeth.
- Crowns – Dental crowns are cap-shaped prostheses made from porcelain or metal alloys, that rest on the entire visible surface of the teeth. Dental crowns are used for reinforcing badly worn or chipped teeth, to mask stained teeth, and to restore fractured teeth.
- Dental Implants – an implant is a screw-shaped fixture that is made from titanium alloys. The implants are inserted into the jawbones, where they serve as artificial replacement roots and provide a solid foundation for attaching a prosthesis for replacing missing teeth. Dental implants are by far, the most natural-looking and durable option available for replacing missing teeth.
- Cosmetic Gum Recontouring – in some cases, Dr Tam will perform gum recontouring to restore their optimal height and to ensure harmony between the size of the teeth, gums, and the lips – which is essential for having a perfect smile.
That’s it. You are now a proud owner of a brand-new smile! Depending on the severity of your cosmetic problems, it can take anywhere between a single day to a few weeks for Dr Tam to complete a smile makeover. But we can assure you that you will instantly fall in love with your new smile!
A smile makeover procedure is all about you! Start your journey towards a healthy, lasting and attractive smile by scheduling an appointment with Dr Tam today!