It’s a new year, which is always a good time to create a new you, starting with your smile. Maybe you spent the holidays lamenting the condition and appearance of your teeth, maybe you wished your teeth looked as good as your loved ones or the celebs you saw on TV. You can have the smile makeover of your dreams this year – and it will last for years to come.
Why Get a Smile Makeover Now?
New Year’s resolutions aren’t always easy to keep. They’re honorable, exciting, and a sign that we all have hope in the future and ourselves. Unfortunately, making it to the gym at 6am every day is a tough commitment to maintain. Same goes for skipping dessert at every meal. So many New Year’s resolutions are about your body and appearance, so why not change something about yourself that doesn’t require you to restrict calories or feel miserable? Your smile.
- Choosing a smile makeover as your resolution not only sets you up for shining success in this new year, it’s a change that will impact your life permanently.
- You will look like the best version of yourself – younger, healthier, happier.
- You will feel better about every aspect of your world, from relationships to your job to the reflection you see in the mirror.
You Can Afford a New Smile
Many people drag their feet about improving their smiles because they think they can’t afford the cost of an upgrade. This is untrue. While most dental insurance plans do not cover cosmetic dentistry treatments, there are plenty of other ways to pay for your makeover.
- If you’re not paying cash, credit cards work. Find a low-interest or no-interest card for new charges and give yourself a timeline to pay off your new smile.
- Take advantage of the affordable financing through the companies your dentist is aligned with. These include low- or no-interest plans, no fees to apply, and no prepayment penalties.
- Consult your health savings plan benefits and find out if you can use the funds in this account toward cosmetic dentistry upgrades.
You Have Plenty of Options
No matter where you sit with your budget and your smile makeover wishes, there are almost always several cosmetic dentistry options to choose from that can create your new smile. Many patients find themselves trying to decide between:
- Porcelain veneers or Invisalign®: You can straighten your smile over the course of a year with Invisalign® or get a straight, completely flawless smile with customized porcelain veneers.
- Teeth whitening or dental bonding: Do you need to brighten up your entire smile or are there just a few teeth that are getting in the way of you having fully white teeth? Both procedures are affordable, quick, easy, and non-invasive.
- Porcelain crowns or tooth-colored fillings: Crowns cover an entire tooth while a tooth-colored filling typically tends to only a portion of a tooth. If you need a cosmetic upgrade, this decision will depend on the extent of the discoloration or unsightliness of the tooth in question.
Your dentist will have recommendations for you about every smile upgrade, so listen and take her advice. Dr. Tam and her team at Healdsburg Dental Spa are experienced and ready to help you achieve the smile of your dreams. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and find out what your smile makeover can look like in the new year.